Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am an Adult

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 5:14pm

I applaud you as having the ultimate desire of wanting to become an adult. But you do you think constantly insulting someone that is younger than you going to help your goal or theirs? There is a difference between confronting a younger person about a problem and being down right ridiculous. Just because someone is younger than you doesn't mean they are stupid and have no sense of understanding and experience. If anything I have met some people who are my age who are more mature than these so called “adults” out there. You think your better than someone just because you have a higher paying job, a spouse or a degree? Hell no. I respect that fact that you have your own set of goals and ridiculous But I don't respect the fact in how you tie in your insecurities of what YOU think an adult is suppose be. Yeah we live and learn and have or mistakes. We grow from it and move on. I think that part of being adult is admitting that you are wrong and confronting a person with an issue. One thing that bothers me is when people say, “I'm a man”. or “I'm a woman”. A lot of the time these people who often repeat that to you are the ones who hardly admit having problems or being wrong. They are often big hypocrites. Why do you have to constantly remind a person (espically if they are younger) that “YOU ARE AN ADULT”? Sometimes I find that people who constantly remind you of that, after a while you don't seem to care of believe what they have to say. I find that some of the greatest success is based on people doing what they have to do. Instead of wasting time trying to tell the world something that you should be doing and your not. An “adult” doesn't keep saying that they are. They know they are. I myself know that I am not a true adult. But that still doesn't mean I don't have “adult like” responsibilities. And status doesn't mean shit either. So what if you are a parent or a spouse. Should I suddenly back away and not say whats on my mind? No. I'm tired of hearing people remind me of my age and telling me that, “I think I know it all. I'm too young to understand what's going on in the world. I'm immature and don't have any discipline”. Really? Many assholes out there who tell you that are often the ones who made more horrible mistakes that you did at your age. I have friends who are old enough to be my parent or grandparent. When I talk to them, they seem to be less angry and judgmental towards my decisions. They often tell me to be careful and with time I will learn things on my own. They often share stories with me and answer my questions when needed. Yes they do say at times that they don't recommend that I make that decision. But they don't directly insult me or tell me that I am a bad person. They never remind me constantly that they are adults. I know it and I can see it in them. I don't have respect for some hot head who thinks that the world revolves around them. That think that those who are younger are meaningless and insignificant. And you wonder what I don't respect you. Stop having that “I'm grown kiss my ass” mentality. It's not cute, funny, or respectful. An attitude like that is going to land you problems in the future. It's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment